Pages

20100512

A Blog From the Heart

My name is Whitney, I am a LEED AP, have a professional degree in architecture and a passion for graphic design (hence ArchGrafix) as well as environmentalism and crafting.  So, it was only natural to focus on Graphic Design and EcoCrafts when setting up my Etsy shop.

I have been doing graphic design since 2001 but arts and crafts have always been a personal passion.  I combine my three loves: Architecture, Graphic Design, and Crafts into what you are currently reading: Arch|Grafix|Crafts

There was not likely a time growing up when something art and crafts related wasn't in my hand.  I was always painting, cutting, pasting, and building interesting creations out of things I'd find around the house and yard. 

When it came time to go to college I knew what I wanted to do; become an architect.  In May of 2007 I finished the first leg of that journey upon graduating with a professional degree in Architecture.

The economy granted me the opportunity to explore doing business for myself. In March of 2009 I started ArchGrafix.com offering a selection of architectural and graphic design services.  It has certainly been an adventure filled with many learning experiences.

While I have always been a craft oriented person I never knew how to sell my work aside from renting a booth at a craft mall...then I found Etsy and here I am.  I hope you like my work.

Places you can find me around the net:

Website/Portfolio: www.archgrafix.com
Etsy: www.archgrafix.etsy.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ArchGrafix
ArtFire: www.artfire.com/users/ArchGrafix
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ArchGrafixCrafts
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ArchGrafixDesigns

1 comment:

  1. Hi Whitney - Such a nice post...thanks for sharing and also for accepting my request on Facebook. I also grew up with "crafty" hands...I was always creating something, whether it was jewelry, montage, painting on furniture, you name it. It seems like the economy has brought a lot of new entrepreneurs out and I really love to see that. I've been running my business for 12 years now, but didn't go out on my own totally until 2006. At this point it is safe to say that I'll never go back to working a "normal" 9 to 5! A lot of people think when you work for yourself, you work less, but it's completely the opposite. However, it's MY business I'm working for, not someone else's, so it's a completely different motivation.
    If you ever have any questions about running a design business, or if you just want to chat shop, you know where to find me! :-)
    All the best!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete